Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Speeches!

It is that time of year again…


Our speeches could
  • Inform
  • Persuade
  • Entertain
Or do a combination of all of these.


The speeches will be approximately 3mins long.
We have talked about learning our speeches off by heart and writing them onto cue cards.
We will come up with an Idea  
Think about possible topics
Research if necessary
Brainstorm
Draft
Edit
Time it
Write it on cue cards
PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE

Your topic needs to be relevant to your audience (us!)
We thought about possible topics like
  • Bullying
  • Famous people
  • Childhood issues
  • Pets
  • Orphans
  • Pollution
  • Animal cruelty
  • Obesity
  • Racism
  • Deforestation
  • Animals
  • Eco issues
  • Plants
  • Slavery


Your children will ask you for some help, this is fine, as long as the majority of their speech is written by them. We know that this is a daunting time for many children, however, our class is a very safe place to push ourselves.

Have fun, be confident, be different!!



Peer/Self/ Teacher Speech Assessment
Delivery
Rarely
Sometimes
Usually
Almost always
Projects voice to the back of the audience




Clear speech




Vocal expression




Good speed




Makes eye contact




Uses gestures which are appropriate to the speech




Posture is relaxed and confident




Engages the audience with questions




Uses facial expression









Content
Good
Very good
Excellent
Absolutely brilliant
Good opening- hooks the audience




Content is well organized and easy to follow




Good closing – links speech together




Idea for speech is suited to the Year 5/6 audience





3 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to performing my speech. I so badly want to get into the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to share my speech to the class and hopefully I'll get into the finals. I'm doing mine on animal cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My speech is also on animal cruelty

      Delete