Thursday, 16 June 2016

Mihimihi Competition

Te Wikio Te Reo Maori

Mihimihi Competion

Juniors need to speak for 10 to 20 seconds approximately. (year 0 to 4)

Seniors need to speak for about 1 minute. (year 5 to 8)

In class competitions will be held to find finalists from each syndicate.

The best 3 from each syndicate will present their Mihimihi at the final.

The final will be held on Wednesday 6th of July at 1:30pm.

Prizes and certificates will be awarded at the end.

Mihi

Here is an example of a Mihi

Tena koutou katoa, (greetings, hello)
Ko _________________ toku ingoa, (my name)
Ko _________________ ahau, (place I live)
Ko discovery toku kura, (my school)
No reira, (thank you I have finished)
Tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa. (thank you very much)

Good Luck

Tips




- Posted using BlogPress from 98 Navigators

1 comment:

  1. we did our mihis in my class last year.
    since then I have forgotten it!
    (:

    ReplyDelete