Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Responsibility - What??!!

We talk heaps about taking responsibility in class.
What does this actually mean??
What if we can't really do it?!


Leila - "To be able to take care of your own belongings."
Flo - "To be responsible for your actions - tell the truth, if you lose something own up."
Dom - "Don't get someone else to do your things for you."
Jessica - "Being able to manage your time - practising what you need to learn."
Jimmy - "Not relying on your parents to entertain you - don't think there's nothing to do, go find an activity yourself."
Maia - "Be able to get things done in time."
Mya - "To actually know what your responsibilities are and be capable of doing them - like making your lunchbox up."
Pete - "Not relying on everyone else to do your jobs for you."
Ally - "Not leaving your belongings on the floor, so someone else can pick up."
Isaac R - "When the teachers tell you to say something to your parents, you don't just forget or get rid off it."


At home most of us have chores.
Grace - feed cats in the morning, clear dishwasher, clean room, set table.
Finley - take out rubbish to end of driveway, set table, make bed, clean room.
Toby - put rubbish in bin and take out, bring rubbish in, clean kitchen floor, load dishwasher, unload dishwasher, clean room, feed dog.
Poppy - clean bunny's cage, clear table, tidy room, make bed.
Cara - wash dishes, do bins, make dinner each Sunday, make bed, fold and put away washing.
Braxton - clean room, feed cats, wash dishes, put cats outside.
Eli - feed fish, get guinea pig food, clean room.
Lucy - feed cat, clean lounge and room.
Joel - put bins out.
Leila - feed cat, hang out washing, sweep deck, feed fish.
Jimmy - load dishwasher, fill wood basket, do bins, take out washing for rugby team.
Flo - feed cat and dog, put washing in machine, clean room, dishes, make lunch.
Isaac S - bins in and out, walk dog, feed dog, bring washing in, dirty clothes in wash.
Sam - bring in bins, empty dishwasher, set table, clean room, vacuum lounge, wash table.


A BIG conclusion came and smacked Ms Saxon, Miss Rait and Sue in the face!! Aaaarghhhh!! We worked out that the children who are our most responsible learners in 98Navigators are the ones who have the most responsibilities at home! We can't expect children to take responsibility in the classroom and manage themselves if they don't know how!


Some children will come home and have a chat about about how you can help them tonight.

Image result for children doing chores

11 comments:

  1. I have a responsibility to my sports teams and coaches to turn up to trainings and games on time, with a good attitude and to perform at my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking Ben. I have people on my soccer team that help out or offer to help me at practices.

      Delete
    2. I help my coaches pack up after training and after games and always say thank you.
      jimmy

      Delete
    3. Crusader Brown1 June 2016 at 18:47

      Same with me.

      Delete
  2. we have a roster at home that shows what jobs me and my brothers do
    jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm meant to have a roster but it usually gets forgotten and I just do my jobs in my own time. I still get them all done, though, however busy I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to:check the mail , put out the bins , feed the dog , feed the cat , walk the dog , vacuum and mop the house , load and unload the dishwasher , tidy my room , set the table , wash the table , bring washing in , put washing away , feed guinea pig , feed chickens and collect eggs ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jessica that is a big responsibility I'm empressed !!!!!

      Delete
  5. I have to do part of the dishwasher get firewood take out the bins clean my room make my room help Dad with work sometimes on Saturday's fold my clothes sweep the floor sometimes it's a bit different since I have three brothers.

    ReplyDelete