Tuesday, 28 June 2016
The Myth of Matariki
This morning we began to compose our own Matariki Myth. Pete researched names of Maori Gods, Tabitha taught us how to pronounce them, Isaac, Isaac, Grace and many more came up with the idea that a warring tribe would kill Moa. The Gods may give Moa back the power of flight and they will somehow end up in the sky as the seven stars of Matariki. Check back regularly to see our exciting progress. Every person in our class has been contributing to the writing which makes it so exciting for Ms Saxon to teach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really liked our myth and making it it's really cool so far. I had two ideas for my own (if we do our own one) the first one is Matariki choose his best worriers to fight the tuatara but the tuatara wins and there dead bodes get burnt on a bed of roses but the volcano God is sad as well and the fire doesn't work very well, and the seven people get turned into one ash each and they throw the seven ashes into the sky from a mountain but the sky God thinks the ashes are going to hit him so he covers his head with his arms and the ashes bounce of hhis arms and into the sky and they turn into stars. That one was my favourite I like writing myths aseptically as a class.
ReplyDeleteI was at choir yesterday but when I got back I got to listen to the myth and it sounded AMAZING! We wrote some more today and my favorite part was when Riley and the six other warriors found the temple and they threw the moa inside. 😎
ReplyDelete