Did you know that in Pakistan there are separate boys and girls classes in schools? They even have different break times so that they don't interact! I wonder why this is?
Both talked about the NZ environment and lifestyle and how this is really appealing to people who live in other countries.
The main language in Pakistan is Urdu, but this is a combination of 14 different languages that the people of this country speak. They also write their language from right to left.
Dilkee and Ali had a conversation together in Hindi. This is an Indian language. We all thought this was pretty cool!
Ali gets really grumpy during the religious tradition of Ramadan. For one month he doesn't eat from sunrise to sunset. But he said he eats heaps at night!
Both talked about the importance of maintaining your accent and teaching your unique language to your children.
What a wonderful learning experience for us all this morning. We look forward to a speaker visiting tomorrow from World Vision and a Cambodian visitor on Thursday. How lucky are we?!
I really enjoyed learning about Dmitry and Ali's home country.
ReplyDeleteWow! Can't wait for tomorrow and Thursday. I loved taking notes on Ali and Dmitry. It was super cool:-)!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was so fun because we got to find out about what it is like to move from your home country into a new country.
ReplyDeleteIt was really fun learning about the different cultures of Dmitry and Ali ,and the month of no food
ReplyDeleteIt was awesome having them in to talk to us about their past and answering questions that we asked. I found that Ali was the most confident and talkative of them but also very kind!!
ReplyDelete:)
DeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteThat was fun talking to all of you. I learned a lot from all of you. Thanks for inviting us in to you class and the awesome comments. I hope to see you all reallllllllyyyy Sooooon.
Thanks
:)
Ali
Greetings from Pakistan!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see your interest in Pakistan's culture. Well done and well communicated Mr Ali!
Saad Ali
PK