Isaac R, Liam, Sofia and Hugh really led the way with exciting ideas and vocabulary.
Dom
The solitary figure cowers in the dark
Rasping breaths escape fleetingly
Spindly hands prod the ground nervously
Edging away from a small shaft of light
Poking a curious finger into the light
Flooded with a new courage
Greeted with hope
Clawing to my realisation
I found me.
Ben P-S
Who Am I?
Inside emptiness
Void and darkness
No colours of brightness
Inside my shell has not yet been obliterated
My soul was not awoken,
My self conscious is flowing in a sea of nothing
I can see a sparkle of brightness,
Am I coming out?
Emerging brightness I am starting to remember who I really am
I remember fainting.
Sam
The Voyage Within
I am trapped in a solitary box of despair
Step by step I get stronger
And build up courage to burst out.
As my eyes open to the dawn of light
I feel the urge to speak
Then it bursts out, "Here art thou".
I have found myself.
Fergus
Trapped,
Inside the wilderness of darkness
Gripping the surface, desperate for life
Cold, damp and lost
As I think, nothing comes to mind
Brightness has arrived to welcome me
A solitary adventure has begun
I have no idea
But not quite conquered just yet.
Cruz
My journey was as long as long can get
I came out at dawn to start my voyage
My chariot awaited me
As I walked slowly towards the chariot
My eyes filled with darkness.
I took hold of the chariot and started my voyage
I struggled to leave my people behind
To find my inner self
In the end I find myself.
Flo
His True Self Awakens
His voyage of life has just begun
A shy sorrow buried through him
An intricate life is hard for a shy boy
His dad left town, he is with his mum
With a shy and lonely life
A light flashed before his eyes
Filling his soul with bravery
Love fills his heart
His life was complete
The key to his life was hope
All along where he needed to be was home.
Finley
I am trapped in the solitary cave of despair
Consumed by grief and cowardess
As days pass I gather enough strength
To step into the outer world.
Every step I take makes me more nauseous
But as I take my steps the door closes
"There is no turning back," I say.
But as days of treacherous things pass
I feel more confident and useful
And now I see a sign, a sign I haven't seen before.
I now see the error of my ways
And now adapt to the new world
As I discover the real journey is within me.
Dilkee
A solitary being cowers inside its shell
I came out on the chariot of the first gleam of light
Pursued my voyage through the intricate worlds
Desperate
Eyes of courage begin to open
I see my own destiny
If you can't be a sun
Be a star
I must discover thyself
I reach the innermost shrine at the end.
Jessica H
A Voyage To Greatness
A solitary figure loiters in a shell of despair
Seeking courage it does not have
The first beam of light gives strength
But fades with my sorrow.
An intricate flicker of hope
Summons particles of thy broken soul
Linking it together to make a whole
Belief engulfs me.
I wander further
Trying to speak, but thy voice stays silent
I try to return to my shell
But spirits on silvery wings hoist me into the air
Allowing me to escape from sadness.
I rise, complete with courage, soul and belief
The chariot departs with the crack of dawn
Off to uncover the future.
Bursting curiosity awakens
I let thyself go free to discover they strengths
Bringing happiness
Rejoicing the world.

Annika
Freedom
A prison of fear and sadness
Roams around my head
Freedom is not an option
My long lost dream fails me.
In a chasm of despair
A glisten of light sines
Through the cracks
Leading me out, a mystery.
Travelling far from my home
Because being me is the key
To being free.
Tabitha
I rise up into the light
But I sink down into the dark
I play hide and seek
Starting from the light to the dark
Trying to find my way out.
I look out the window, looking at the light
Suddenly the light sinks down and the dark rises up.
Hugh
The voyage will be hard
And thy chariot departs at dawn
Thus our village has been consumed by fire
We have to adapt to death or another land
Many of us have perished
Overwhelmed with our grief
Our race will be no more
Unless we discover new land.
"Alas!" they clan head perished
Our clan will be no more
I catch thy chariot
The last of my clan to roam
There it is!
I scale the steps to my home
My family welcomes me.
Ida
The Search For My Inner Self
The walls descend upon me
Consuming the last of my strength
I wallow in despair, my hope sapped.
In the deserts of time I wonder,
Enveloped by misery
I leap for freedom
Only to be knocked once again into darkness.
I feel strength, but should I accept it?
I hold it in my grasp
And spring for the last time
Breaking through the intricate pattern of my shell
A new world falls upon me
The same but different in its beauty.
Home.
Mya
A bar of light fulfils the valley
The sound of a horn echoes
Then silence
One feather flies past my gaze
I watch it
Fluttering and flittering.
Thyself does not know that is all in my heart
Thou, my heart, is nervous
Burning my somebodiness
Although the light can guide me
Hands help me from falling
Thyself feels something that it hasn't before
A glimmer
A root.
The rising strength fills my soul
For I ascend
Soaring through the sky.
I am me
And I have risen.
i like ever ones i think they are so amazing
ReplyDeleteWhat a talented group of students . Amazing poetry.
ReplyDeleteGreat job guys:)
ReplyDelete