Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Culture Shock!

This afternoon we watched this fascinating short clip about new immigrants to the USA. In small groups we did a thinking hat exercise to try to put ourselves in other people's shoes.

Culture shock

What surprises did you get as you watched this clip? How did it make you feel? What did it make you think?

Image result for culture shock

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed it. Cool picture, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they feel scared cause they are coming to a new country and nothing feels the same and they will be home sick too.It made me feel sad that they are treated differently than others that live there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting Topic to those but I think it's the best so far

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's an interesting video because they said how unfriendly the Americans and that's quite unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The people looked like they didn't know what was happening and confused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just showed Anna the video and she laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was really interesting how the men reacted to things that they had never done before. It was also quite sad that they felt unsafe in their new environment.

    ReplyDelete